Your Opinion Counts
Implemented in 2010, red light cameras were intended to bring more safety to the roads of Florida, but in the 5 years of their operation the data shows that is not the case. According to a survey from the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, there has been a 15% increases in total crashes, 29% increase in incapacitating injuries, 17% increase in crashes involving non-motorists, and a 10% increase in rear-end crashes. This is why Representative Manny Diaz Jr. is committed to help fight against these unsafe and third-party revenue generating cameras.
5 Facts You Should Know About
Red Light Cameras
- Red light camera tickets are $277 in the state of Florida.
- 49% of red light camera revenue has gone to vendors. Red light cameras are a backdoor for taxes.
- There has been an increase of 15% in total crashes.
- St, Petersburg, Tallahassee, North Miami, and Haines City have successfully removed red light cameras.
- There are concerns above the possibility of manipulated timing of the yellow light intervals in order to increase red light camera profits.
Sign this petition
Join us and help STOP red light cameras!