About State Senator Manny Diaz
- Born and Raised in Hialeah.
- Represented Hialeah, Hialeah Gardens, Miami Lakes, Medley, Doral and Northwest Dade for Six Years as
- State Representative. (2012-2018)
- Works at Doral College.
Lives and works in Senate District 36 (Lives in Hialeah and works in Doral) For nearly 20 years, Manny has been highly involved in Education, first serving as a Teacher and Coach at Miami Springs Senior High and Hialeah Miami Lakes Senior High.
Manny has since served in a leadership capacity as an Assistant Principal at Hialeah Miami Lakes Senior High for 7 years. A native of Hialeah, he has worked with the youth of this community as a Teacher, Coach and Administrator over his entire career. He was a founding partner of the Beyond the Bell Learning Center in Miami Springs, Florida. Manny graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources/Education from St.
Thomas University, a Master’s degree in Educational Leadership from Nova Southeastern and completed the prestigious Harvard Graduate School of Education Principal’s Summer Institute in 2006.
Manny was first elected to The Florida House of Representatives in 2012 and subsequently re-elected in 2014. He was Chair of the Choice and Innovation Subcommittee and sits on the Education Committee, K-12 Subcommittee, Education Appropriation Subcommittee, and the Health Innovation Subcommittee.
In 2016 He was re-elected again. He became Chair of the PreK-12 Education Appropriations Committee.
In 2018 he was elected to the Florida Senate replacing term limited Senator Rene Garcia in Senate District 36.
He is currently The Chairman of the Education Committee.
- Elected to the Senate in 2018
- House of Representatives, 2012-2018
- Republican Party of Miami Dade
- NCSL Standing Education Committee (National Conference of State Legislatures), Member
- Education Commission of the State, Commissioner
- Statewide Council on Human Trafficking, Member
Jennifer Diaz of Hialeah, FL
Madison, Grayson, Lexington, Dominic
- Harvard Graduate School of Education, Summer Urban Principal’s Institute, 2006
- Nova Southeastern University, M.S., Educational Leadership, 1998
- St. Thomas University, B.A., Human Resources, 1994
March 2 in Hialeah, Florida
Fishing, camping, boating
Manny and his wife, Jennifer have been married since December 2010. He has four children, Dominic, Madison, Grayson, and Lexington.